Monday, June 3, 2013

YO!

littlehousedesigns
YO!
 I tend to work on several projects at a time. One of the bigger ones at the moment has to do with these little guys. Well, they really aren't THAT little. They measure 7" tall. They are a vinyl blank that was created by LittlehouseDesigns , and they are call the YO!

How did I get into these? Well, it all started with Instagram

Back in February of this year, 2013, I decided to join Instagram and start posting WIP (work in progress) pictures of my art. LittleHouseDesigns began following me and liked my work on the vinyls and my own Steampunk Buddy creations. 

They offered me a chance to customize four of the YOs for their 'Blind Box' sale at the upcoming Designer Con in California. 




Dcon
Designer Con 2013

They sent me 5 blank YOs, four of which I will customize. The fifth I get to keep for myself. Once I am done I will send four back to them so that they can be sold at DesignerCon

So far I have completely built one. It only needs some paint. It is affectionately called 'Robo Yo' around the house. It might stick. 
robo yo
ROBO YO!

In between all my other projects I am working on constructing the next YO. It has more of a demon/monster feel to it. It is something I have never done before, so we will see how it goes. 


Until next time.
T.
©TanyaDavisArt 2013. Images of customized YO figures property of Tanya Davis Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...