Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Armadillos, Cthulhu, Mad*Ls and Geeks

July 2014 marks the first time that I participated in a convention. I shared a table with my uncle, Gorg Huff, at the 36th Armadillo Con. He is an author and it was a Science Fiction/Fantasy convention. It was hosted at the Omni Southpark Hotel in Austin, Texas. I learned a lot those three days and met some really great artists.

Those of you that attended may have seen me working on a
Cthulhu 2014 
 new drawing of Cthulhu. It was the most detailed drawing that I have done in a long time. In all it took about a week to finish. I just picked up. The prints on Monday. I will only have 20 printed and I have signed and numbered each of them. Cthulhu Print


In other news, I will be participating in this year's Vinyl Thoughts Art Show #5 : Mad*L Makers. This year there is a theme and it is the MadL blank which was created by 
JEREMY MADL and promises to be a very fun night.
Mad*L
I have bought three 5 inch ones to customize and I am halfway through the first one. I hope to customize a second one soon so that I can include a non-Mad*L piece.  The creator of the Mad*L will also be at the show this year. I have already asked for the day off from work so I will be able to go as well. I missed it last year and from the pictures it looks like it is so much fun.


I will also be at another small vending event at the end of August. It is the first Geek Market and it will be in Round Rock, Texas at the Wingate Williamson Convention Center. It is a two day event.  I won't be able to be there Saturday because of work, but two of my friends will be working the table for me.

I am also keeping an eye on the Staple Independent Expo site so that I can get a table next year. It will be here in Austin in March 2015. I will keep you posted.


Until next time

T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...