Sunday, March 9, 2014

Staple!, Free Art Friday and Other Stuff

What's been up?
Staple! 2014
Well, I have been super busy being sick, working on a commission, going to the day job and then getting sick again. BUT it looks like all is well again. 

Earlier this month I checked out the Staple! Independent Media Expo.

It was really great. It was focused on independent artists and there were over 150 vendors. I bought quite a bit of art and made some new contacts. I think I will try to have a table at it next year. I just have to get some inventory together for it. Right after the Expo I was inspired and worked on a new illustration.





Steampunk Penguin Engineer

You can see the progress from sketch to finished piece on my Instagram. The original was done on a 5 x 7 inch illustration board. I had some watercolor prints made that are 6 x 9 inches and will be signed. They are available at my Storenvy shop.   

 Available at Storenvy






I also uploaded the image to Society6. There you can order prints at different sizes and framed, but these will not be signed. Other available products are cards, phone skins, phone cases, mugs, pillows, totes, canvas prints and shower curtains. The shower curtains are brand spankin new as of this week!

And this past Friday I participated in Free Art Friday here in Austin. It is when local artists hide a piece of their art in the city and post picture clues on Instagram. Others go on a hunt to find it. It is a great way for people to see your work and it's just plain fun. The tag on instagram is #atxfreeartfriday. You can use that to pull up all clues. You can also follow Spratx on instagram (@spratx) and see which artists are playing that day and some of the clues. Spratx is a collective of street artists that have opened a shop and gallery. It is definitely worth a look. 

I hid my piece at one of my favorite places, a comic book store. Below is my clue. It was found within the hour. I will be hiding something different this coming Friday. I will have to do it before or after work. 



That's it for now! Back to work.
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...